Sunday, March 29, 2009

Long Overdue...the blog, not the baby!


Jackson was due to make his entrance on February 22, 2009. God, however, had different plans for our little family. I had what I would consider a picture-perfect pregnancy until the end of December 2008. Seriously, I never threw up one time--despite studying for the Bar Exam during my first trimester! Anyway, I became one of many many women who get a condition known as pre-eclampsia during pregnancy. Basically it involves high blood pressure and all that goes with that. I was on bed rest the week of Christmas, went back to work for a few days, and then went into the hospital on January 5th to stay. My wonderful doctor was going to try and let me deliver Jackson naturally (like I had planned) but really early, but we discovered that the amniotic fluid around Jackson was dangerously low and would not allow a natural birth. Apparently, there were many many reasons why I was going to have the C-section I had feared!

Jackson was born on January 7, 2009 at 2:12 pm. He weighed 3.7 lbs and was 15 1/2 inches long. Other than being so tiny, he was perfectly healthy. He was breathing on his own, never had to have oxygen, never had anything wrong. Jackson is our perfect little miracle, and being a mother is more wonderful than I ever could have imagined.

Sorry for the long first post--most won't be like this. I just felt like if I was going to dedicate a blog to my little man, you'd all have to hear the whole story. Tune in for more milestones to come!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet Ashley. I am so very happy for you and Jonathan. You are both such wonderful people! I hope I get to meet the little guy before he starts school or something!

    ReplyDelete