Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bringing Home Baby!




After 2.5 weeks in the NICU, Jackson got to come home on January 23, 2009. When they finally told us we were going home, I felt like I had no idea how to really take care of him. The nurses in the NICU had really been doing everything aside from the couple of feedings and couple of diapers I got to do. I guess you just figure out that kind of thing when you have to, and it seems like we figured it out pretty quickly. He weighed 4.9 lbs. when we brought him home. He barely passed the "car seat test" they do in the NICU before a preemie can go home. But, he sure did look cute in that car seat!! Once we got home, we introduced Jack to his older brother and sister--our two Westies Dexter and Gracie. They have been very protective of him from the beginning, and I think they will continue to be great with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment